Don't let your teenager become a statistic! Let me help!
Even under the best of conditions, being a teenager is hard. But teens today face pressures that we never faced.
- Twenty million children live in a home with just one parent.
- Each year, 150,000 youth between 10 and 24 receive medical care for self-inflicted injuries at Emergency Departments across the U.S.
- For youth between the ages of 10 and 24, suicide is the third leading cause of death, resulting in approximately 4,600 lives lost each year.
- Every day an average of 5,400 teens attempt suicide nationwide.
- 71.3 percent of women with children are in the labor force
- Statistics indicate that approximately 1 million teenagers in America become pregnant each year. Of those, 78% are unintended.
- Of the teenage women that become pregnant, 35% choose to have an abortion.
- 6.5 percent of 12th graders now use marijuana every day
- More than 6 percent of U.S. teens take prescription medications for a mental health condition such as depression or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- About 11 percent of adolescents have a depressive disorder by age 18
- Approximately 30% of teenagers in the U.S. have been involved in bullying, either as a bully or as a victim of teenage bullying
My mission is to help teens learn to navigate such pressures by teaching them strategies and techniques that will serve them not just through these teen years, but for their entire life.
Restoring emotional balance, developing a strong sense of self, and learning to see their true potential are just a few areas that will be covered in this invaluable workshop for teens. Sign up here to receive a free 15 minute, one-on-one conversation about how my program can help your kids.